Friday, April 16, 2010

18 year-olds Service

I don’t belive 18 year-olds should serve 2 years of compulsory service, such as the military or the Peace corps because I don’t see the point or importance for it. Completing 2 years of service for the military or the Peace corps sounds really boring to me and I wouldn’t like to participate in it. Why would anyone make 18 year-olds attend a service that is not even reasonable or interesting? I mean, high school students have to had attended some community service in order for each of them to graduate. Isn’t that enough? I don’t really agree that 18 year-olds should have to complete 2 years of compulsory service. I mean aftera high school student graduates, they have many things and accomplishes they need to think about and achieve. When high school students turn into a college student, they’re time is limit. College students need to finish applications for scholarships, they need to attend interviews for jobs, and need to focus on their major classes. So you see, people who are 18 year-olds are busy people. They don’t have time to attend 2 years of compulsory service for no important use. I also think that they shouldn’t be forced into completing compulsory service because everyone has the freedom of choice. It shouldn’t be mandatory because you will be taking away their freedom. I mean if they would really like to participate on their own, that would be fine. I just don’t think it is right to take away a citien’s freedom becaues that would destroy human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment